Thus was born Peake Harbor.
Tell you more? Oh, okay.
PEAKE HARBOR At-A-GlanceLocation:
Peake Harbor (major metropolitan area pop. 9,612,977; mid-Atlantic city near the east coast, just hours from the Appalachian Mountains) – Peake Harbor is part of the Washington-Baltimore-Peake Harbor-Northern Virginia Metropolitan Area and is tied with the Chicago metropolitan area for 3rd place as the Largest combined statistical area in the United States.City Highlights & Major Attractions:
● McKay Beach● Bancroft National Forest & Park (The city is built around this akin to Central Park in some ways)
● St. Mary’s Historical Park and St. Mary’s College● Little Asia (A large and vibrant series of interlinked neighborhoods blending Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures.)
● Cedar Landing Amusement Park● Completely encircled by the Manning Enterprises Elevated Rail (MEER) which transports over 70% of all commuters in, around & through Peake Harbor
● Manning Enterprises (Industrial Park, a sprawling 10 mile complex just north of the city, used by Manning and most major businesses in the area.)● Manning Enterprises Tower (skyscraper; 960 ft.; located 5 blocks west of Little Asia)
● Tesladyne Industries Aquatic Research Center (Located off of Piney Point)● Light Technologies Unlimited HQ (skyscraper; 1417 ft.; located 3 blocks north of Manning Tower) adjoined to Light Technologies Advanced Mechanics, Robotics & Genomics Division tower via skywalk.
● Jebediah Winfield State Hospital for the Criminally Mentally ill -- built on St. George Island, it has hosted the British HQ during the war of 1812, a hospital for the wounded from the Civil War, a TB ward, and currently, an asylum for the criminally insane.
Major Employers:● Manning Enterprises (there's a genome research facility, a consumer electronics division facility, and a pharmaceutical division facility)
● Light Technologies Unlimited (there's a solar research facility, law enforcement non-lethal division testing grounds, a consumer electronics division facility, and an advanced mechanics &robotics division)● Tesladyne Industries (Aquatic Research complex and Manufacturing location; specializes in aquatic technology like ROV Submersibles, manned submersibles and specialized diving equipment)
Claims To Fame:● One of the strongest economies in US for the last 20yrs.
● Heavy tourism annually● St. George island houses the Jebediah Winfield State Hospital for the Criminally Mentally ill, and is considered to be the most haunted island in America.
● Generates 90% of its own electrical energy through various “green” technologies